"No fear!" ~Julia Child

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Love on the internet, Kitchenaid Mixers and Other Things that Make Lives Complete.

Howdy Y'all!!!
For those of you who don't know me (if anyone reads this who DOESN'T know me...), my name's Katie Raffety, and I am almost dangerously enamored with food. I recently married my high school sweetheart, Matt, and moved into a small yellow house in the middle of Missoula, Montana. We spend most of our time experimenting in the kitchen and finishing up degrees, mine in music education and his masters in media arts.

As newlywed gourmets with a knack for wedding registries and wonderful family and friends, we've been blessed with a delightfully well-equipped kitchen. Our favorites include a Kitchenaid Mixer in pear green, a healthy collection of oven-safe All-Clad pans, and a Le Creuset roaster that is roughly the same size, color and shape as a 10 pound pumpkin.

This blog is firstly and foremostly about food, but it is also about many other things. I'll talk about alot of very poignant subjects, the first of these being love on the internet. This blog would not exist without finding love on the internet.

I'd been bugging Matt forever about getting a pet. He wasn't a hard sell, so I moved on to convincing our landlord we should get a pet. After a slight hike in rent and some additional deposit, I began trolling the internet for our perfect match. Five minutes into my grueling search, there he was. 23 pounds, orange, and fluffy, Butters the cat filled my laptop screen and my heart with furry, lardy love. Three days later he filled our house with furry, lardy love. It became apparent very quickly that the only person in our house who loved food more than Matt and I was Butters, and thusly, he became the namesake of this blog. Though he is on a kitty-cat diet, and losing quickly, his favorites include chicken liver flavored Temptations cat treats, and salami (in miniscule doses, but I'm a soft touch...).

Now we are all settling in nicely, and our kitchen is the center of our home. It is daily filled with our Hunnie Pie ladies, a ginormous orange cat, delicious smells, and of course, a healthy dose of Butterly Love.

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness i have an APPLE green kitchen aid mixer!!! Just thought you should know lol!

    ReplyDelete